If you did the optional "author interview/bio" for your Anthology...
Simply name the author whose life you researched and state which format you chose: fakebook vs. interview transcript. Post a link to your document or site. Due May 2nd. (minimum 150 words)
I was very excited to do this project. It presented an opportunity for creativity, journalistic knowledge, and the opportunity to learn about an interesting life. I started writing it in a very casual tone, focusing more on finding Thompson's voice than the exact facts of his life, but then reread the project page and realized that I had to shift my focus. I was a bit disappointed that I had to take six of the questions directly from the assignment sheet, but I think that it ended up making the product cleaner and more solid. Overall, I had some fun with the project, and I learned a lot.
I found the process of this assignment somewhat straightforward. I already knew a small amount of information about Emily Dickinson’s life before this, but after writing the interview, the range of my knowledge broadened. I enjoyed learning new information about her, such as her relationships with her family and close friends. Writing this also gave me a different perspective about some of her works. I thought much deeper about them than I ever had before. For example, in my interview, I “asked” Emily about her poem, “It was not death, for I stood up.” In order to answer this question, I read multiple reviews that analyzed the poem. Reading these other people’s opinions helped me to solidify my own, stronger opinion of that piece and develop the thoughts that I had already had about that poem. In addition to learning more about the pieces by her that I had already read, this assignment also encouraged me to read more of her poems that I had never read before. I found the poem, “I cannot live with you” while researching for this interview. I enjoyed it thoroughly and consequently, figured out a way to include it in my interview. Overall, I found this project very interesting and I really liked writing it.
Author: Emily Dickinson
ReplyDeleteFormat: Interview
Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mCbgrWwW3g_s_Q2XKufYnavd0sg293RNt3F1xOwnAAU/edit
Author: J.D. Salinger
ReplyDeleteFormat: Biography
Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16CA3NRTlzHmAuieaLTIhj1YLoQ8wJJEgnWWxJKXwnlc/edit#slide=id.p
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
ReplyDeleteFormat: Interview
Link: https://docs.google.com/a/thet.net/document/d/1UbjU__OrGMxSZ-DhlhOXBlsB-mpnlMLdfrOYNnkbBWU/edit?usp=sharing
I was very excited to do this project. It presented an opportunity for creativity, journalistic knowledge, and the opportunity to learn about an interesting life. I started writing it in a very casual tone, focusing more on finding Thompson's voice than the exact facts of his life, but then reread the project page and realized that I had to shift my focus. I was a bit disappointed that I had to take six of the questions directly from the assignment sheet, but I think that it ended up making the product cleaner and more solid. Overall, I had some fun with the project, and I learned a lot.
ReplyDeleteI found the process of this assignment somewhat straightforward. I already knew a small amount of information about Emily Dickinson’s life before this, but after writing the interview, the range of my knowledge broadened. I enjoyed learning new information about her, such as her relationships with her family and close friends. Writing this also gave me a different perspective about some of her works. I thought much deeper about them than I ever had before. For example, in my interview, I “asked” Emily about her poem, “It was not death, for I stood up.” In order to answer this question, I read multiple reviews that analyzed the poem. Reading these other people’s opinions helped me to solidify my own, stronger opinion of that piece and develop the thoughts that I had already had about that poem. In addition to learning more about the pieces by her that I had already read, this assignment also encouraged me to read more of her poems that I had never read before. I found the poem, “I cannot live with you” while researching for this interview. I enjoyed it thoroughly and consequently, figured out a way to include it in my interview. Overall, I found this project very interesting and I really liked writing it.
ReplyDelete