Memorizing my lines for the 10 minute plays we did was pretty fun. It was a little stressful the day I thought I had to perform, because I finished memorizing my lines the day before, and that felt like it was cutting it a little bit close. I’m pretty sure it would have been fine if I had performed it that day, but I don’t know for sure. The performance when it actually happened was fine–it felt awkward–but I think that had more to do with the circumstances of the performance than being unsure of what my line was. The main problem with the memorization was that there were some lines, or parts of lines, that I consistently forgot. I was able to kind of, spot study them, but I didn’t expect to forget the same lines again and again. It was also interesting that the lines I forgot again and again were the ones I remembered on the day of the performance. I had to get prompted once or twice by Damian, and a few times I said a line too early or left out part of it, but I don’t think I forgot anything vital or anything really long. It was a good experience, and I’m glad that I know that I can memorize and perform something within a limited time frame.
Memorizing my lines for the 10 minute plays we did was pretty fun. It was a little stressful the day I thought I had to perform, because I finished memorizing my lines the day before, and that felt like it was cutting it a little bit close. I’m pretty sure it would have been fine if I had performed it that day, but I don’t know for sure. The performance when it actually happened was fine–it felt awkward–but I think that had more to do with the circumstances of the performance than being unsure of what my line was. The main problem with the memorization was that there were some lines, or parts of lines, that I consistently forgot. I was able to kind of, spot study them, but I didn’t expect to forget the same lines again and again. It was also interesting that the lines I forgot again and again were the ones I remembered on the day of the performance. I had to get prompted once or twice by Damian, and a few times I said a line too early or left out part of it, but I don’t think I forgot anything vital or anything really long. It was a good experience, and I’m glad that I know that I can memorize and perform something within a limited time frame.
ReplyDelete