Making a movie trailer was a very thought provoking and difficult process. Condensing the main themes of a book into a short video was surprisingly harder than I imagined. I thought originally that the script would just flow out after I developed my concept, but I was wrong. At first my concept was too big to cover within a short video. It would’ve taken an actual movie to convey the messages and themes I was attempting. After I had narrowed down my concept I still devoted a considerable amount of time contemplating the scenes in the book, that I wanted to portray. Once I had chosen all my scenes, I had to develop an order and flow in which the sequence of clips would provide an adequate preview, without revealing too much. Finally, after a day of writing and rewriting, I had a script I was willing to work with. The next step was filming, which went fairly well despite the difficulty of fighting my perfectionism and settling for footage that wasn’t my exact vision. The last step in the assembling process was editing the raw cut footage. I generally like this part of making a video but, due to technical difficulties and procrastination, this step was the cause of major anxiety and sleep deprivation. If I had to do it again, I would finish all the other steps earlier, in order to have ample time to edit. The hardest part of this project was presenting my work to the class. I am extremely anxious about sharing my work with my peers. Overall, I think the project went well, but next time I’d budget my time better.
I thought you did a real great job on your book trailer and the actors were really good and I liked the rotation and the lights and the road signs were also cool. I think if someone had not read the book and saw your book trailer they would want to read it.
The creation of my movie trailer was extremely difficult. When I was deciding what to do for my honors projects I thought, "Oh, this will be easy. I'll do that one", but that was not the reality. There is so much that goes into making a decent piece of cinematography. Choosing important parts of the book to show, finding actors, finding GOOD actors, getting them all together in the same place, finding a place to film, finding something to film with, figuring out how to edit, attempting to make it look professional, etc, it was all a challenge to say the least. I wish I had chosen a different honors project because A: this was an immense amount of work that I had to finish in a short amount of time because of my schedule, B: I have never made any movies before or seriously filmed anything , and C: I do not own a computer with iMovie. Though, even with all this work, I did enjoy the product despite that it was not exactly what I wanted. I do want to say, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of Ally, who happens to be an expertise in film making. :)
Making a movie trailer was a very thought provoking and difficult process. Condensing the main themes of a book into a short video was surprisingly harder than I imagined. I thought originally that the script would just flow out after I developed my concept, but I was wrong. At first my concept was too big to cover within a short video. It would’ve taken an actual movie to convey the messages and themes I was attempting. After I had narrowed down my concept I still devoted a considerable amount of time contemplating the scenes in the book, that I wanted to portray. Once I had chosen all my scenes, I had to develop an order and flow in which the sequence of clips would provide an adequate preview, without revealing too much. Finally, after a day of writing and rewriting, I had a script I was willing to work with. The next step was filming, which went fairly well despite the difficulty of fighting my perfectionism and settling for footage that wasn’t my exact vision. The last step in the assembling process was editing the raw cut footage. I generally like this part of making a video but, due to technical difficulties and procrastination, this step was the cause of major anxiety and sleep deprivation. If I had to do it again, I would finish all the other steps earlier, in order to have ample time to edit. The hardest part of this project was presenting my work to the class. I am extremely anxious about sharing my work with my peers. Overall, I think the project went well, but next time I’d budget my time better.
ReplyDeleteI thought you did a really nice job with this. The amount of time you put in was clear to the viewer. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI thought you did a real great job on your book trailer and the actors were really good and I liked the rotation and the lights and the road signs were also cool. I think if someone had not read the book and saw your book trailer they would want to read it.
ReplyDeleteThe creation of my movie trailer was extremely difficult. When I was deciding what to do for my honors projects I thought, "Oh, this will be easy. I'll do that one", but that was not the reality. There is so much that goes into making a decent piece of cinematography. Choosing important parts of the book to show, finding actors, finding GOOD actors, getting them all together in the same place, finding a place to film, finding something to film with, figuring out how to edit, attempting to make it look professional, etc, it was all a challenge to say the least. I wish I had chosen a different honors project because A: this was an immense amount of work that I had to finish in a short amount of time because of my schedule, B: I have never made any movies before or seriously filmed anything , and C: I do not own a computer with iMovie. Though, even with all this work, I did enjoy the product despite that it was not exactly what I wanted. I do want to say, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of Ally, who happens to be an expertise in film making. :)
ReplyDelete